Sivananda's Personality-90.


15/12/2017

Sri N. Ananthanarayanan

Sri Krishna was the Master’s chosen Deity. Unto the last he worshipped Him daily at his private altar.

That Lord Krishna had showered His Grace on the Master and asked him to spread Kirtan-Bhakti is also clear from the following passages, culled out of two poems addressed by him to the Flute-bearer of Brindavan:

Lord Krishna, my Lord, Krishna, my love—
We both are only one from now;
 Thou art I and myself art Thou,
 Krishnoham, Krishnoham;
 I am thrice blessed,
 It is all Thy sweet Grace.

You ordered me to do Kirtan
 And disseminate Kirtan-Bhakti,
 I came before Thy Presence, my Lord,
 As a Sankirtanist;
 I sing the Maha Mantra daily;
 I know Thou takest pleasure
 In my singing;
 I touch Thy Lotus Feet
 Through the sound-wave of my Kirtan.

The Master’s worship was not confined only to Lord Krishna. He saw the same attributeless Lord reflected in all Deities and had their blessings in abundant measure. He had the benign Grace of Devi, for instance.

To be continued ...
Swami Sivananda

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Biography :

Sivananda's Personality - 15.

20. BALASUNDARAM :