Q: 4. What are its basic principles?
A: Briefly, the principles of Hinduism may be stated as follows : -
• The ultimate reality of the universe is one and not more than one.
• The nature of this reality is spiritual in the sense of Intelligence or Consciousness.
• Therefore, this reality is Universal, Omnipresent, and hence at once Omniscient and Omnipotent.
• Creation is a veritable Body of this All-pervading Almighty Omnipresence. The relationship between this reality, which is called God, and the created universe is intrinsic, organic and vital, and not external or mechanistic.
• There are several planes in this creation, broadly classified into fourteen realms known as lokas, all which are inhabited by different categories of beings, right from the lowest level of the physical elements up to the region of the Creator Himself.
• In the sense stated above, the whole universe and all beings are vehicles of divinity and radiant with the immanent Godhead, all potentiall…