Guru—Disciple : 19.



Part-19.

His divinity was recognised by half a dozen people and he had two proper disciples whom he taught.

Arjuna, who learnt the Bhagavad Gita from him, and there was another wonderful man called Uddhava, who learnt from him later, just before Krishna left the world.



Even Arjuna it seems came back to Krishna much later after the war and said : -

"You know, I remember that you gave me some marvellous instruction during the war, but I have forgotten the best part of it. It was inspiring, that much I remember, but I have forgotten it. Can you repeat it?"

Here I am not telling you the story of Mr. So and So, who listens to Swami So and So and then forgets the story.

We are both mortals and subject to error.

But here was God almighty teaching Arjuna, who was supposed to be a fantastic person, and Arjuna says :-

"I have forgotten what you taught me."

What kind of a disciple is that?


Sri Swami Venkatesananda
To be continued  ....




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Biography :

20. BALASUNDARAM :

Sivananda's Personality - 15.