Guru—Disciple : 12.



Part-12.

If I am a perfect disciple, then it is possible that the first person I meet may become my Guru.

He may be a tramp, or it may not even be a human being, it may be an animal.

It may be a tree or a plant or it may be a natural phenomenon.

So if I am an ardent disciple, an ardent seeker, then it is possible for me to reach enlightenment with the help of human and non-human beings, because I have trained myself in non-verbal communication.


When is this non-verbal communication possible?

Only when I have learned to remain absolutely silent within myself.

When I have trained myself in such a way that I am able to enter into this inner silence, then it is possible that even a stone might teach me, even a stone might become my Guru.


There is a story, which I will give you in brief.

 A hunter, during the time of the Mahabharata, went to the Guru of Arjuna, the great archer, and requested him to teach him also.

This old man refused.

So the hunter went away, but his impression of the Master was so clear that he built a clay model of him and learnt everything from that clay model.

His zeal, his devotion and his aspiration was so intense, that the clay model could teach him.

We are very far away from that discipleship.

Sri Swami Venkatesananda
To be continued  ....



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Biography :

20. BALASUNDARAM :

Sivananda's Personality - 15.