Guru—Disciple : 5.


Part-5.

The whole thing was a hoax right from the start.

You are not a proper disciple and the other person is not a qualified Guru.

These two people enter into a funny relationship which is based on falsehood, on untruth.

Then begins the tug-of-war.

I will obey my Guru as long as he tells me what pleases me.

If he says something that doesn’t please me, then I begin to doubt.

Probably he is not the right type of Guru.

Then perhaps you pick up one of Swami Sivananda’s books and quote from somewhere where it says :

"Be careful in your choice of a Guru and accept him only after testing him severely and finding out that he is the proper one to be your Guru."

First he says that you cannot become a Guru without attaining self-realisation,

secondly he says you must obey your Guru implicitly,

and thirdly he says that you must examine your Guru before accepting him.

Sri Swami Venkatesananda
To be continued  ....



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Biography :

20. BALASUNDARAM :

Sivananda's Personality - 15.