Sivananda's Personality - 34.



34.

The students were a little apologetic, "Yes, Swamiji, we are all doing that though we sometimes forget."

"No, no, you should never omit this," said the Master, and added thoughtfully, "See, I had Swami Viswanandaji’s company only for a few hours, yet I remember him daily in my Stotras in the morning. I include the name of Swami Vishnudevananda also, as it was he who performed the Vraja Homa for me. It is very necessary, only then will the spark of intense desire for liberation burn brightly in us.

And the Master relapsed into memory of his boyhood days. "Once, I learnt fencing from an untouchable," he recalled. "It lasted only for a few days. He was an untouchable, yet I used to greet him with coconut and betel leaves. Guru is Guru, to whatever caste or creed he belongs."

Sri N. Ananthanarayanan
 To be continued  ...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Biography :

20. BALASUNDARAM :

Sivananda's Personality - 15.